Wednesday, January 30, 2013

642 Things to Write About

During our weekend in Salt Lake City, I found a new book.
I'm going to use it for a while on my blog.  I've used a few other books or writing prompts before but none like this.  It looks like I'll be making up as much {or more} as writing facts.  I haven't written fiction since junior high school, at least.  Maybe the last time I wrote a pretend story was elementary school.

It feels good to write, and it's fun to make stuff up.  I'm certainly not a writer or an author of any story that should be seen by the public, but I'd like to try this.

642 Things to Write About

What Can Happen In A Second

Things that really can happen that fast:
  • a baseball gets from the pitcher and is hit by the batter
  • a snail moves 1 cm
  • 2.4 babies are born
  • 79 stars vanish from space
Things I think happen that fast:
  • Toby gets up the stairs
  • Jake makes me laugh
  • I get out of the driveway after hitting the garage to avoid Jake's glare
  • Daisy does all the tricks she knows to earn her treat
Things I wish happened that fast:
  • I fall asleep
  • I could prepare dinner
  • I could fold a load of laundry
  • I could take a shower and have my hair done
  • I could get a Chicken Critter Salad from Texas Roadhouse

    0 comments: