Sunday, September 28, 2008

Relief Society Broadcast

The speakers were so great! I could have listened to them all night. I was even wishing President Uchtdorf would have gone on and on. After feeling the inspiration to improve my own efforts, I have determined to set a realistic goal and go forward. Unfortunately, knowing myself, sometimes I hear moving talks by Church leaders and feel the Spirit whispering to me and still I don't change. I write a few notes but then turn the page.

But....this time is different. Here's the deal: this week I have been thinking that I may be in a little bit of a rut. I don't want to minimize my blessings but I haven't moved forward in a while. Last night, I received the antidote to my situation. The sisters spoke on varying topics but had one common theme - service. Serving in my calling, serving as a member of Relief Society, and serving in the temples. Reaching outside of myself is the cure for what I'm feeling. Plus, besides serving, I can spend my time creating - all sorts of things. And creating can be service too. Developing myself is a good way to spend my time and will bring satisfaction (from what I understand).

Let's get down to brass tacks - I'm going forward with full force. There are opportunities to serve every time I turn around. There are opportunities to improve my skills and talents. I am a little ways from perfect but I can at least take a step. That's the goal....a step at a time. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Matt said...

Way to go Joey! I am proud of your initiative to serve. All readers of this blog could do a little to better ourselves just like Joey.