Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm trying! Again....

I just wrote, and deleted, a post reflecting awful aspects of my personality. I have decided there is no reason to air my dirty laundry, right? They had to do with things like sneaky anger, dirty dishes, grandpa's dead wife, not excelling in my calling, i killed my fish, etc. Plus...if I make those things public then they'll be harder to put in the past. And so instead I am going to try to give a few examples of my redeeming qualities. Hopefully, by spending time thinking about good things instead of poor things, I'll change my perspective (about me) and be a better person (someday). If I'm going to invest time in improving my quirks, I should probably choose good ones.

  1. i don't mind telling people about stupid stuff i do (in fact, i can't help but tell)
  2. i made some really great cookies last week
  3. i've been to institute twice so far!
  4. i try to do my job well
  5. i try not to say everything i think
  6. i take pleasure in keeping a clean, organized house
  7. i'm good at sudoku
  8. i have creative aspirations
  9. i pretty much really like my family
  10. i really appreciate what my friends and family do for me
  11. i feel pretty good about the gospel

Of course, I can still work on all of the aforementioned items but they are a worthy use of my time. It's gotta be better than the alternatives, right? I'm always in the market for new hobbies and stuff so maybe I should make these my new hobbies. I'm not feeing real great about the way I am now, of course I've proven I can't change overnight, but maybe I'll have fewer regrets if I give it my best shot. So anyway.....

Lesson Learned - When the time for action comes, the time for preparation has passed.

5 comments:

Wendy H. said...

you're pretty cute too
you're great company - you're fun to play games or shop or travel or hang out with
you can always be counted on and you never hesitate to serve your family no matter what it is
people are always drawn to your lovable personality
you're more responsible than most people I ever knew that were your age
you have pretty blue eyes
you have a gift for taking care of and leading people
you have to admit you have a great sense of humor
when I think of you it makes me think of bright, happy colors

Matt said...

You like to work
You are a good job coach
You Try to cover the registers
You have a healthy fear of 303
You don't take crap from people
You write a blog
You update your blog
You choose creative backgrounds

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

You use the word aforementioned in a blog!
You talk about poo with me at church!
You have eaten a funnel cake!
You were able to brighten my day when I saw you at my dad's funeral...and even more so when I read the card you made me!
You laugh at me!
You understand the looks I toss you in ward council when I'm frustrated with a few choice others!
YOU'RE JOEY

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

feeling pretty good about the gospel isnt always easy..
i admire that

Melanie said...

#5 cracks me up. That's just funny. :)