Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Rowan and Clara


Amanda Payne and I have known each other pretty much our whole lives but we became close friends in high school. After high school, and Ryan's mission, she married our friend and her high school sweetheart, Ryan Parent in 2004. I don't know all of the details about their journey through fertility issues but I know it lasted for many years.

Thanksgiving of 2016, Amanda told me she was expecting a baby boy! Amanda had told me that she and Ryan had decided to check just one more time to see if they had any options to have a baby. The news wasn't very optimistic until she was lucky enough to be a part of an invitro study and even luckier because it was successful! When she told me this I started thinking that if she was brave enough to try one last time than I should too.

That, and a little nudge from Jake, gave me the courage to talk to the doctor about affordable options that might be available for me to try again to have a baby. It was January of 2017 and that very day I walked out with a $2 prescription to try and a possible procedure.

Unfortunately, the first round of medication didn't work at all and sounded like it may not be a medication that would work for me at all. But, I had already filled the next round of medicine and decided to take it anyway. Because of some terrible timing and schedule issues, the day I was supposed to have the follow up procedure wasn't going to work and I didn't have it. So, I decided to go for the third and final round of the medicine. Before starting the medication, I took the recommended pregnancy test and couldn't believe it. I didn't believe it. Within a week, I took five more tests. They all came back with the same results. All positive.

Because of Amanda and Ryan and their miracle baby, Rowan, Jake and I got our miracle Baby Clara.

0 comments: