Friday, November 03, 2017

Abigale's a Teenager

Abbi's birthday was a much anticipated event of the year. We were all held in suspense to see if she would get to keep the day to herself or if her baby sister wanted to share. Happily, the day is still all her's!

She had an orthodontist appointment that morning so I checked her out of school and after the appointment we went for lunch and to the salon to get her hair done. I'm glad we got to spend that time together because later in the day the baby was playing mind and body games with me and I had to go to the hospital only to be released a little while later. So I missed the cake and ice cream but Jake did a wonderful job writing on it all by himself.

We're grateful Grandpa and Grandma Hansen were available to make her birthday dinner while Jake drove me home from the hospital. And, we're glad for the cousins and aunts and uncles who celebrated with her at Grandma's house.

Abbi really wanted an art easel and found quite a pricey one on Amazon. Secretly, Jake and Noah went to work and built one for her themselves. After school on her birthday, Noah was so proud to bring it out of hiding and show her what they had done!

Abbi's 6th birthday was while Jake and I were dating. I was so overwhelmed because I knew how much I loved all three of them. I was scared by how much they all meant to me. That sixth birthday was a funny night because Jake worked hard on making her requested unicorn cake. Six or seven cake mixes later, I'm not sure if it ever turned out or not :) But we partied anyway!

Now we are eight parties into her being my little SuSu and the only thing I'm scared of is how wild she is and the teenage years we just jumped into!


0 comments: