Thursday, February 19, 2015

Insecurities VS. Being True

Isn't it interesting when a person you admire confessing their insecurities?  Weight, appearance, family status, relationships, parenting skills,  introvert vs. extrovert, hiding values or abilities, using humor to mask reality, acting one way in person but really feeling differently inside, focusing on surface issues to avoid communicating about real issues, etc.  So many complicated layers of life collect by a person thinking it will help keep things simple, while in fact, it sorely complicates life then and in the future.

I want to be true to who I really am.  I want to be the person who lives inside me.  I am who I am.  I feel like I haven’t acted like a true friend when someone I care about tells me something they wish they could have told me long ago.  I want those I care about to know they can always be true to themselves with me.  But, in turn, I know that I have a lot of layers I have piled on over the years and I want to give my true self to others.

Layers don’t go away easily.  Each layer carefully covered an insecurity which really just covered a piece of your true self.  It takes an act of courage and pure honesty for insecurities to fall to the wayside.  Here it comes, I’m going to share the real me, one layer at a time.

My Story Pinterest Page

Stand True and Faithful - Gordon B. Hinckley


{all the MY STORY posts will be linked together with a label, or just click here}

0 comments: