Friday, April 02, 2010

a lesson on to-do lists:


  1. if you make plans, write them down.

  2. if you decide to do something spontaneously, write it down.

  3. if you have a goal, write it down.
  4. if you have chores to do on your day off, write them down.
i have a never-ending list of things to do. i love lists.  for the past week or so, i have been stewing over whether or not to get a dog. i've been searching online for my dog companion. last night, i went out looking for him/her. i came home with the puppy of my dreams. she looks like an ewok. i named her ruthie pig-face draper. ruthie was cute and sweet and tiny.
ruthie was not on my never-ending to-do list.  that's where this all must have gone wrong.  she was a good puppy all night but i got zero sleep.  this morning, i called the puppy farmer and asked to return baby ruthie.  she was great and everything but she deserves to see the light of day and with me she'll have to be in a crate for most of the day.  that's no way to live a fulfilling puppy life. after 14 hours as human/dog companions, i left ruthie with her farmer and puppy family.  i'm going to stick to my list from now on. 

please note: 14 hours is longer than at least one other pet saga from my life

3 comments:

Wendy H. said...

It's too bad about RPFD but she's better off than Blaine(s).

Wendy H. said...

It's too bad about RPFD but she's better off than Blaine(s).

Kellie said...

LOL!! I LOVE lists...and I agree that dogs should go on a list first...it turned out that although I really wanted a cute lil' puppy...I couldn't do it and he too spent more time than I liked in a crate so we found him a happy home!!