Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm trying!

Is there something you try to change but it's nearly impossible to do it? I cannot, for the life of me, naturally be nice. For the last 2 weeks I have attempted to say nice things in place of the automatic sarcastic or mean thing that comes to mind. This has caused me several awkward moments. I have to think through several drafts of appropriate responses before I speak, type, or text. One time, after hearing a stupid story, the best thing I could come up with was "thank you." Although I have made my best effort, I continue to be accused of meanness. When this occurs, I have felt sick to my stomach while offering the most sincere of apologies. For my feelings on apologies check out my other blog, http://paperblog08.blogspot.com/. I feel so disappointed in myself when the badness slips out. Anyway...I just wanted to put it out on the worldwide web (which is on computers now) that I am making a genuine effort to increase my niceness and decrease my meanness. It sure isn't happening over night. Be patient.

2 comments:

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

I AM TOTALLY THE SAME,, except I dont believe your blog.. you are nice to me.... I made up this game on my mission, everytime i said something mean about someone or to someone I then had to say 5 nice things........ Its changed me and I'm slower in rudeness, its still there, just a slower pace that I catch it better, its a process

Larry said...

Try to do what you feel prompted to do to improve yourself, but don't be so worried that you aren't ok anyway. I love you! Dad Ox